JMP–L partnered with two other NGOs recently to promote peace and tolerance among children and teenagers.
Besides JMP–L, the project involved the Franco-Palestinian Friendship House (MAFPA) and the Haret Hreik Municipality.
Participants were divided into three regional groups that met for three workshops (held August 12, 19 and 26) in the JMP–L center in Bourj Hammoud, the Haret Hreik City Hall, and the MAFPA center in Beddawi. The workshops included peace education classes, and sessions on the main theme of the next day’s outing.
- Deir el Qamar: “Interfaith Encounters”
- Mar Mekhayel Train Station: “Exploring Identity”
- Batroun: “Connecting”
- Clips: Short interviews done by the youngsters with each other on “Connecting to the Other.”
- Performances: Each group interpreted an identity through a sketch.
- Vox-Pop: Man-on-the-street interviews on “Connecting to Others.”