We have a variety of ways for you to be a part of JMP–L’s work and to share your talents and time meaningfully. Join us now to contribute in a hands-on manner to our programs and services.
- Share your skills and experience: Are you an expert, artist, professional or entrepreneur in a specific field (such as health care, nutrition, social work, psychology, education, information technology, economics, performing or other kinds of arts, etc.)? Become a volunteer counselor, lecturer, teacher, workshop leader, or entertainer to share your expertise with JMP–L beneficiaries and people of all ages in the communities where we conduct activities and programs.
- Help in spiritual growth: If you are a priest/pastor, you can assist in the spiritual uplift of children, youth, adults and elderly by organizing or leading Bible studies, scripture readings, etc.
- Community members as volunteers: If you live in the areas where we implement development projects, especially in Bourj Hammoud and its surroundings, there are plenty of volunteering opportunities for you to contribute to the development of your community. You can become a member of a building committee, core committee, or children’s and youth activities’ group. You can also participate in courses, workshops, camps and other activities organized by us or partnering organizations, and share or apply what you learned to improve the well-being of your family and community.
- Beneficiaries who help others: We encourage our beneficiaries to be involved as volunteers in efforts of introducing a developmental approach to programs. For example, a person benefitting from our Medical Dispensing Service can participate in visits to elderly or disabled people placed in institutions, to offer them comfort and warmth.
- Internships: Please contact us if you are a university student or fresh graduate interested in interning with us. If accepted, you might be asked to help in a variety of in-office or field tasks, depending on your skills and experience — data entry, filing, mailings, general office duties, event planning, and special projects.
Information for volunteers
- Volunteers must be above 16 years of age, except for programs involving children and youth.
- We will coordinate a schedule based on the volunteer’s availability and our respective office’s need.
- We do not currently send volunteers overseas.
- Unfortunately, we do not have the staff, nor the resources, to accommodate requests from people living outside Lebanon to become volunteers in our offices, due to the complexity of issues involved. Please visit the Jinishian section of the PC (USA) website to find information about Jinishian sites in other countries where you might find opportunities to become involved.